A three-day course of study,
9am to 5pm with hour for lunch.
Schedule class any time that is
Bring a notebook and various
examples of chipped, cracked, and/or broken bisque, china, and/or composition to work on.
Cost of the three-day course is $1,500.
Deposit of 10% (non-refundable) is
required to schedule class the
balance (cashier's check) is due before instruction begins.
You are responsible for your own food, lodging, and transportation (discount rate at nearby hotel for students).
Instructional topics include:
· repair and restoration ethics
· tools and equipment
· materials and supplies
· shop safety
· removing wigs, eyes, and teeth
· disassembling and cleaning previously "restored" porcelain
· reassembling broken porcelain
· stabilizing cracked porcelain
· filling chips, holes, and cracks in porcelain
· making new "porcelain" parts (fingers, teeth, etc.)
· making and repairing sleep-eye rockers
· setting sleep-eyes and stationary eyes
· disassembling bodies, cleaning/stripping
· reassembling broken composition
· filling cracks, seams, blisters, sockets, and holes in composition
· replacing missing hooks in composition
· rebuilding composition fingers, toes, and missing sections
· making new composition parts
· color matching
· painting and sealing repairs (airbrush)
· replacing eyelashes
· proper body-stringing methods
· making cloth bodies
· essentials for starting and operating a successful restoration business